Art Saves Lives International are BACK!
With a NEW campaign – and we want YOU to submit and be featured in ASLI Magazine.
For ISSUE 4 we are focusing on:
Discrimination, Privilege and Stigmatisation
We are looking for artists and creatives from all disciplines from all over the world to be featured in ASLI MAGAZINE!
Discrimination is happening all over the world against different categories of people, especially minority groups. People are being stigmatised for being themselves and privilege in many forms is stunting our progression as a species.
We would like you to submit a piece of artistic work on one of the following issues:
- White Privilege
- Male Privilege
- Neuro-typical Privilege
- Able bodied/minded Privilege
- Heterosexual Privilege
- Gender identity Privilege
- Class Privilege
- Mental Illness Stigma
- Religious Stigma
- Fat Stigma
- Disease Stigma
- Cultural Stigma
- Criminal Record Stigma
(If there are any other forms of prejudice, privilege and stigma you have faced please feel free to submit if it is not mentioned above – these serve as prompts)
So what do you need to do?
- Please submit ONE piece of work for consideration, this can be ONE collection or ONE piece (if you submit more than one with no clear explanation we will look at your first one and choose according to this)
- State your artistic discipline and chosen topic.
- Please read about us first, see if you want to be part of our mission and make sure you understand who we are what we are about.
- Do not just email a link (we will not follow it)
- Remember we are a non-profit organisation
- If you wish to submit in another language other than English we accept untranslated work in French and Arabic, all other languages must have an English translation attached.
- If submitting creative writing please do not submit over 500 words and if your piece is longer submit a 500 word abstract and a link to the rest will be added at the end of your piece.
To submit your work please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any queries please contact email@example.com or fill out this contact form.
(Please be aware you CANNOT submit via the contact form this is just for queries (we aim to get back to you within 48 hours depending on volume of submissions))
All submissions must be in by the 2nd of February 2017
We accept work from many disciplines including:
visual artists, photographers, musicians, singers, dancers, performance artists, creative writers, poets, spoken word artists, journalists, film and documentary makers, actors, fashion designers, crafters, artisans, tattooists, textile artists, street performers, cartoonists and animators, graphic designers, bloggers, vloggers….
JOIN OVER 100 ARTISTS ALREADY FEATURED
CHECK OUT OUR PREVIOUS ISSUES AND CAMPAIGNS