Art Saves Lives International are BACK!
With a NEW campaign – and we want YOU to submit and be featured in ASLI Magazine.
For ISSUE 5 we are focusing on:
We are looking for artists and creatives from all disciplines from all over the world to be featured in ASLI MAGAZINE!
Human rights are moral principles that describe certain standards of human behaviour, and are regularly protected as legal rights. They are commonly understood as inalienable fundamental rights
“to which a person is inherently entitled simply because she or he is a human being”
and which are
“inherent in all human beings”
regardless of their nation, location, language, religion, ethnic origin or any other status. They are applicable everywhere and at every time in the sense of being universal, and they are egalitarian in the sense of being the same for everyone.
We would like you to submit a piece of visual art / music / creative writing / film / dance / performance art on one of the following issues surrounding human rights:
- Right to Equality
- Freedom from Discrimination
- Right to Life
- Freedom from Slavery
- Freedom from Torture
- Right to Free Movement
- Right to Asylum
- Right to Marriage and Family
- Freedom of Belief and Religion
- Freedom of Opinion and Information
- Right to Education
- Freedom of speech
- Right to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Right to sexual and reproductive rights
So what do you need to do?
- Please submit ONE piece of work for consideration, this can be ONE collection or ONE piece (if you submit more than one with no clear explanation we will look at your first one and choose according to this)
- State your artistic discipline and chosen topic.
- Please read about us first, see if you want to be part of our mission and make sure you understand who we are what we are about.
- Do not just email a link (we will not follow it).
- Remember we are a non-profit organisation.
- If you wish to submit in another language other than English we accept untranslated work in French and Arabic, all other languages must have an English translation attached.
- If submitting creative writing please do not submit over 500 words and if your piece is longer submit a 500 word abstract and a link to the rest will be added at the end of your piece.
To submit your work please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must be in by the 30th of November 2017
We accept work from many disciplines including:
visual artists, photographers, musicians, singers, dancers, performance artists, creative writers, poets, spoken word artists, journalists, film and documentary makers, actors, fashion designers, crafters, artisans, tattooists, textile artists, street performers, cartoonists and animators, graphic designers, bloggers, vloggers….
Check out our other issues of ASLI Magazine:
If you have any questions please fill in the form below:
(Please be aware you CANNOT submit via the contact form this is just forqueries (we aim to get back to you within 48 hours depending on volume))